My Emergency Doctor is available to support clinical staff working in ambulance services, healthcare institutions (metropolitan and regional hospitals, and aged care facilities), Primary Health Networks or directly to patients.
If a patient is in need of emergency care, My Emergency Doctor is available to connect patients with an Emergency Physician (FACEM). Our service helps take the pressure off emergency care delivery by giving clinicians and patients with access to specialist emergency physicians when needed the most.
Healthcare institutions can have roster security and support their workforce with emergency medicine expertise and patients can access advice for acute medical conditions and in some cases, avoid an unnecessary trip to the hospital emergency department.
Our service is underpinned by our commitment to a patient-centric approach in every aspect of our operations, including clinical governance.
The senior emergency specialist doctors consulting for our service are all Fellows of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEMS), registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and go through a rigorous selection and credentialing process.
Additionally, they provide consultations under a robust clinical governance framework, including monthly case study reviews and performance management.
Connecting to My Emergency Doctor
- Healthcare institutions, health services, aged care facilities, ambulance services or patients can contact My Emergency Doctor via the easy-to-use web solution or via our hotline.
- The patient, clinician or healthcare worker is connected to a Patient Support Officer within seconds. The Patient Support Officer will then gather the patient’s primary details and symptoms.
- The call will then be forwarded to the next available consulting emergency specialist doctor.
- During the consultation the emergency doctor can provide diagnosis, treatment recommendations, prescriptions or referrals for pathology or specialist medical services.
- Depending on the consultation outcomes, the Patient Support Officers will support patients with arrangements for transportation, pharmacy liaison and access, or referral communications so that their medical experience is as seamless as possible.
- Consultation summaries are sent to the patient and can be shared with a patient’s regular GP or uploaded to My Health Record with their consent.